FIX drive error code 0146 ~ How to fix hard drive error code 0146?
This error is related to the problem of the hard drive of reading/writing on Dell laptops and techniques. The frequent presence of this error can also freeze the system, causing the device and software to stop focusing. This can have a detrimental effect on the performance of your system. Similarly, it causes system crashes (blue screens) and causes a lot of Windows processes. Error code 2000-0146, which is not really taken seriously, causes system damage and data loss due to disk error. Therefore, to avoid data loss on Dell laptops, hard disk error code 0146 must be corrected automatically. You may find the following errors.
Best way to fix hard drive error code 0146
- 1. Use anti-virus or anti-malware software
Your hard disk may be infected with a virus or malware, which can cause a disk read / write error on the hard disk. Wrong code 0146 can be corrected using good anti-virus and anti-malware programs. You can also use the Windows Defender program for this.
Start a complete computer scan with any antivirus program and remove all viruses and malware when you have finished correcting error code 0146.
- 2. Start Safe Mode and clean the boat
Error code 0146 can also be repaired by starting the system in safe mode and clearing the bootloaders. All devices connected to the system, such as printers, Wi-Fi adapters, modems, etc., must be removed. After separating the devices, follow these steps:
- Shut down your system.
- Press the on / off button to start your system and press the F8 key until you see the "Advanced Boot Options" screen.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys and click Enter.
- Now press "Windows + R" and type MSConfig and click "Ok".
- In the System Configuration window, click the General tab, and then click Selective Startup.
- Uncheck the box to load the starting items.
- Then click on the Services tab, check "Hide all Microsoft services", click on all inactive links and restart the system.
Hopefully, the hard drive error code 0146 in your system will be fixed.
- 3. Scan SFC
Sometimes bad files or files from a lost system can cause serious hard disk problems, such as error code 0146. SFC Scan helps you solve this problem by repairing and modifying corrupt and lost system files and registry files. To perform SFC scan,
type 'cmd', then press CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER.
Tap SFC / Scan to perform SFC scan.
Restart your system after the scan. All corrupted files will be replaced after the start. If the SFC scanning system is unable to convert the file, Windows Installation DVD or Media will be prompted to repair corrupt or corrupted system files.
- 4. Change BIOS settings
Incorrect BIOS settings can seriously affect the performance of your system. Therefore, it is important to check that the system's BIOS settings have not changed. One way is to adjust the BIOS settings to the default, which may fix your problem on your hard drive. Follow these steps to reset the BIOS.
Restart the system and press F2 constantly until BIOS settings appear.
To restore, select 'Restore to default', 'Settings settings' or similar options in BIOS settings.
Start the system normally. It can fix error code 0146 associated with your hard drive.
- 5. Start cleaning the disk
Disk Cleanup helps clean up unnecessary files on your hard drive. Disk Cleanup not only resolves system issues but also frees up storage space by deleting temporary files, emptying the recycle bin, and removing unnecessary files, resulting in error code 2000. May be 0146. To clean a disk on your system, follow these steps:
- Go to Start, type Disk Cleanup and press CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER.
- Select the disk you want to clear and then click OK.
- Wait for Disk Cleanup to scan your disk for information. After scanning, check the box next to the temporary files and click OK.
- A popup will appear. Confirm by clicking the Delete Files button.